Two sets of friends launched the project to breathe life into the flagging fortunes of these two historical dwellings which Robert Louis Stevenson himself, his donkey Modestine and indeed all passing travellers could not fail to notice, being in a tight bend of the road opposite the 12th century church.

The principal successive roles of the buildings to the present time include: a merchant’s dwelling, a possible home for Louis XIV’s Dragoon Guards, a gendarmerie (police station), a retirement home, commercial buildings and now a haven for travellers.

Originally built in 1716 et 1848 respectively, constantly modified to suite the needs of their respective purposes, Le Figuier opened its doors to the local and travelling public in April 2017 offering a Café-Restaurant and accommodation after many solitary years of closure.

Future years will see an ambitious range of cultural and artistic projects to bring life back to our 1200m2 spread over 5 floors.